-   -   Odd Excel Formula Problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/251100-odd-excel-formula-problem.html)

Questions

Odd Excel Formula Problem

I am building a spreadsheet tool that pulls data from either another sheet or
another workbook. In both cases, when I write my formulas, the seem to work
initially, but at some point something happens and instead of displaying the
result of the formula, they display the formula as text.

For example:

In Cell A1 I type =if($A$2=$A$3,1,0) initially it display's my desired
result ("0"). Then, if I go in and try to unlock the cells to copy down and
across the formula result changes to "=if($A$2=$A$3,1,0)"

I have never seen this error and can't figure out why it's happening. I
tried reformatting and settings and those don't seem to be the problem.

Any thoughts?

Bernard Liengme

Odd Excel Formula Problem

After reformatting the cells as General you should open each for editing.
Or Delete the text, format the cells and recopy the formulas
best wishes

--
Bernard Liengme
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme