-   -   sum to = 1 for each cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/249083-sum-%3D-1-each-cell.html)

Mike

sum to = 1 for each cell

I am trying to sum up 37 cells to = 1 each for each cell ex. if i put say 997
in cells i want them to = 1 each so that the sum total = 37 if i put 997 or
any other # in cells

Bernie Deitrick

sum to = 1 for each cell

Mike,

Sorry, that just isn't clear. Perhaps a formula

=SUM(A1:A37)/A1

where A1 to A37 have your number 997?

Bernie

"Mike" wrote in message
I am trying to sum up 37 cells to = 1 each for each cell ex. if i put say
997
in cells i want them to = 1 each so that the sum total = 37 if i put 997
or
any other # in cells

Joe User[_2_]

sum to = 1 for each cell

"Mike" wrote:
I am trying to sum up 37 cells to = 1 each for each cell ex. if i put say
997
in cells i want them to = 1 each so that the sum total = 37 if i put 997
or
any other # in cells

=COUNT(A1:A37)