-   -   Password protected spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/249032-password-protected-spreadsheet.html)

BobW

Password protected spreadsheet

When I open a password protected to modify sheet, the dialog box says -
"filename.xls" is reserved by - followed by a blank line. How do I insert my
name in this space?

Paul C

Password protected spreadsheet

What this is picking up is the user name you have entered in excel

All you need to do is edit this.

In excel 2007 click the office button (that round window thing in the top
left), select Excel Options and at the bottom in the Personalize Excel
section enter your name in the User name Field.

In earlier version you find this under Tools:Options on the General tab
--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.