-   -   Keeping the cell blank... (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/24903-keeping-cell-blank.html)

JP

Keeping the cell blank...

How do I prepare a cell with a formula, but keep it blank until the
information is added to activate the equation?

Max

One way to make it appear blank ..

Instead of in say, B1: =A1*5
Put it as: =IF(A1="","",A1*5)

The " =IF(A1="","", ... " construct will provide the desired "blank" look
in B1 until a number is input in A1
--
Rgds
Max
"JP" wrote in message
How do I prepare a cell with a formula, but keep it blank until the
information is added to activate the equation?

JP

Thank you very much Max!

"JP" wrote in message
How do I prepare a cell with a formula, but keep it blank until the
information is added to activate the equation?

Max

You're welcome !
Thanks for the feedback
--