-   -   Compare and Merge Workbooks (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/247785-compare-merge-workbooks.html)

PA

Compare and Merge Workbooks

The Compare and Merge feature in my installation of Excel 2007 is
deactivated, for some reason, and is likewise disabled on several other
machines at our company.
How can I reactivate it, as it is desireable to compare several files.
Thank you

Gord Dibben

Compare and Merge Workbooks

Compare and Merge works only with Shared workbooks.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 07:26:06 -0800, PA wrote:

The Compare and Merge feature in my installation of Excel 2007 is
deactivated, for some reason, and is likewise disabled on several other
machines at our company.
How can I reactivate it, as it is desireable to compare several files.
Thank you

Marsh

Compare and Merge Workbooks

Try Sharing the file, and check "Can be edited by more than one user".