-   -   Allow comments to be added to protected worksheet? - Excel 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/247567-allow-comments-added-protected-worksheet-excel-2007-a.html)

sue@solotel

Allow comments to be added to protected worksheet? - Excel 2007

I have created a worsksheet with selected areas locked and then protected it.
My users want to be able to add comments where necessary but are not able to.
I cant seem to find anything in the help menu - any ideas?

Gord Dibben

Allow comments to be added to protected worksheet? - Excel 2007

When protecting the sheet "allow users to:"

Select unlocked cells and Edit Objects.

Note: with edit objects checked, users can insert comments in locked cells
if they are allowed to select those.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP