-   -   conditional IF-THEN (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/247323-conditional-if-then.html)

RedBeard

conditional IF-THEN

Greetings,

I have a column with different weekdays in different sheets.
What I want to do is this:

Whenever a user fills in Saturday or Sunday, I want the corresponding
row to turn red, this should be universal for all sheets.

Am I making sense and how would I accomplish this?

Thanks.

Don Guillett

conditional IF-THEN

Select rows formatconditional formattingformula is
=AND(LEN(TRIM($E1))0,OR(WEEKDAY($E1)=6,WEEKDAY($E 1)=7))

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"RedBeard" wrote in message

Greetings,

I have a column with different weekdays in different sheets.
What I want to do is this:

Whenever a user fills in Saturday or Sunday, I want the corresponding
row to turn red, this should be universal for all sheets.

Am I making sense and how would I accomplish this?

Thanks.

I forgot to mention, I'm using Excel 2007.

I can't seem to find that command?

Thanks.

Bernard Liengme[_3_]

conditional IF-THEN

Follow instructions shown in
http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/excel2...l2007s6p2.html
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"RedBeard" wrote in message

Greetings,

I have a column with different weekdays in different sheets.
What I want to do is this:

Whenever a user fills in Saturday or Sunday, I want the corresponding
row to turn red, this should be universal for all sheets.

Am I making sense and how would I accomplish this?

Thanks.

I forgot to mention, I'm using Excel 2007.

I can't seem to find that command?

Thanks.

RedBeard

conditional IF-THEN

On Nov 3, 3:11*pm, "Bernard Liengme" wrote:
Follow instructions shown inhttp://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/excel2007/excel2007s6p2.html
best wishes
--

"RedBeard" wrote in message

Greetings,

I have a column with different weekdays in different sheets.
What I want to do is this:

Whenever a user fills in Saturday or Sunday, I want the corresponding
row to turn red, this should be universal for all sheets.

Am I making sense and how would I accomplish this?

Thanks.

I forgot to mention, I'm using Excel 2007.

I can't seem to find that command?

Thanks.

Thanks Bernard,

But not useful to me, I need the entire row to change colour, not just
cells.

Thanks.

Bernard Liengme[_3_]

conditional IF-THEN

Then select the entire row before you call up the Conditional Foramtting
dialog.
I though you just meant "where do I find Conditioanl Formatting"
best wishes