-   -   default values in a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/247134-default-values-cell.html)

KRK

default values in a cell

Hello, can you help me please

Cell B1 contains a complex mathematical formula which requires (in several
places) a number from cell A1.

Cell A1 can contain any integer number, but it is usually the same (30).

I would like to be able to leave cell A1 empty, and only enter a number when
it is not 30 ,

ie the default value of A1 is 30, unless specified.

How do I go about this ?

Should I look at conditional formatting, or put lots of IF functions into an
already complex formula?

Thank as always

KK

Gary''s Student

default values in a cell

Use 2 cells

Modify the complex formula to use B1 rather than A1 ( or any other un-used
cell)

In B1 enter:

=IF(A1="",30,A1)
--