-   -   Cells shows current month only in number format (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/246706-cells-shows-current-month-only-number-format.html)

Benny

Cells shows current month only in number format

Hello. How can make a cell show the current monht? So for if its October it
shows the number 10 in a cell?

I've tried data, today, etc... the closest I've gotten is to show an O for
October, but I need the number. Thanks

CM

Cells shows current month only in number format

=CHOOSE(MONTH(TODAY()),1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12)
--
hope to help,
cm

"Benny" wrote:

Hello. How can make a cell show the current monht? So for if its October it
shows the number 10 in a cell?

I've tried data, today, etc... the closest I've gotten is to show an O for
October, but I need the number. Thanks

CM

Cells shows current month only in number format

actually, month(today()) works alone.
--
hope to help,
cm