-   -   how can I get the total hrs of a delay when it is greater than 24 (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/246585-how-can-i-get-total-hrs-delay-when-greater-than-24-a.html)

El Ixmahana

how can I get the total hrs of a delay when it is greater than 24

I work for an airline and sometimes I need to know the total hours of a
delay, and when the delay is greater than 24 hours. In my report I hav
something like this:
arrival time in colum A departure time colum B result in colum C
10/23/09 21:00 10/24/09 23:00 2:00
and really the delay was of 26 hours. How can I obtain this?
I already set up my Tools-Options-Canculation to 1904 date system

Niek Otten

how can I get the total hrs of a delay when it is greater than 24

Format Custom as [h]:mm

No need to use 1904 date system

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"El Ixmahana" wrote in message
I work for an airline and sometimes I need to know the total hours of a
delay, and when the delay is greater than 24 hours. In my report I hav
something like this:
arrival time in colum A departure time colum B result in
colum C
10/23/09 21:00 10/24/09 23:00
2:00
and really the delay was of 26 hours. How can I obtain this?
I already set up my Tools-Options-Canculation to 1904 date system

Gord Dibben

how can I get the total hrs of a delay when it is greater than 24

Custom Format to [h] to see 26

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP