-   -   Text strings from a variable string (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/246583-text-strings-variable-string.html)

Ferdy

Text strings from a variable string

Is there anyway I can set up a system where if I type a variable ( alpha
numeric/numeric) in say d1, it will automatically put strings assigned to
this variable in D2, D3
e.g variable P1234

D1 D2 D3 D4
P1234 op1 op2 op3 etc

Gord Dibben

Text strings from a variable string

VLOOKUP table and formulas should do the trick.

See help on VLOOKUP

I note you have your D1, D2, D3 and D4 horizontally displayed when they
should be vertically oriented.

Is that a typo or did you mean D1, E1, F1 and G1?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP