-   -   making a drop down box (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/246524-making-drop-down-box.html)

michael.j.bates

making a drop down box

i made a list for a drop down box,I have 40 items counting the title of the
box.I used the data validation button & the box works fine.all 40 items are
in the box but the list is still visible.How do I make it so the list is not
visible but the items remain in the box?

Gord Dibben

making a drop down box

Are you sure you used Data ValidationAllowListIn-cell Dropdown?

The arrow and list are invisible until you select the cell.

Maybe you used a ComboBox from the Forms Toolbar or Control Toolbox.

Both those remain visible.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP