-   -   How a Tooltip can be displayed? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/246222-how-tooltip-can-displayed.html)

Amateur

How a Tooltip can be displayed?

Goodmorning,

How can a tooltip can be displayed when we hover the mouse over specific
cells?

Thanks in advance for your time

Rick Rothstein

How a Tooltip can be displayed?

I'm not sure about a "tooltip" specifically, but you can click
Insert/Comment from Excel's menu bar and put whatever text you want to
display in the Comment Box that appears and it will be displayed any time
the mouse is over that cell.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"amateur" wrote in message
Goodmorning,

How can a tooltip can be displayed when we hover the mouse over specific
cells?

Thanks in advance for your time

muddan madhu

How a Tooltip can be displayed?

Right click on cell | insert comment |

or

Go to data validation | input message tab | under input message: type
it | ok
note : tool tip will be activated only if the cell is selected in this
case.