-   -   How do I insert a sheet row when that option is grayed out? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/245163-how-do-i-insert-sheet-row-when-option-grayed-out.html)

dot

How do I insert a sheet row when that option is grayed out?

I made a spreadsheet and copied it using copy and paste. I want to be able to
add information to the spredsheet but all the options under Home/Insert/Cells
are grayed out except the option Insert Sheet. I want to Insert Sheet Rows.

JLatham

How do I insert a sheet row when that option is grayed out?

Sounds like the sheet is protected. On the Home tab click on Format in the
Cells group and under Protection hopefully you'll see "Unprotect Sheet".
Click that.