-   -   Sequential Numbering. (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/24364-sequential-numbering.html)

Rodney

Sequential Numbering.

I have a column of numbers in
assorted sequential but non contiguous blocks from 4 to 30.
I seek a formula to renumber them 1 and onwards,
until a lower number is found, whereupon they would begin again at 1.

Can anyone assist please?

eg:

Col A
2
3
6
8
13
4
5
6
8
12
21

I seek Column B to show
1
2
3
4
5
1
2
3
4
5
6

Bill Kuunders

enter 1 in B1
enter =IF(A2A1,B1+1,1) in B2 and copy it down

Regards

--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K
"Rodney" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Bill.
Worked a treat.

Regards from Perth.

"Bill Kuunders" wrote in message ...
| enter 1 in B1
| enter =IF(A2A1,B1+1,1) in B2 and copy it down
|
| Regards
|
| --
| Greetings from New Zealand
| Bill K