-   -   Local OLAP cubes in Excel/MS Query (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/243399-local-olap-cubes-excel-ms-query.html)

IgorM[_2_]

Local OLAP cubes in Excel/MS Query

Hi

Can someone please recommend some good book or web page about creating local
OLAP cubes using MS Query. I have some data in Access that I want to work
with using cubes.

Kind regards
IgorM

Ed Ferrero[_3_]

Local OLAP cubes in Excel/MS Query

http://wang.se/en/CreateOLAPCube.html/

Ed Ferrero

IgorM[_2_]

Local OLAP cubes in Excel/MS Query

Hi

Thanks for response. Unfortunately I still don't know if the
show-details-after-double-click feature is available in pivottables linked
to OLAP cubes.
I tried all three connection types. With the two first options (rebuild at
once and rebuild when needed) I still cannot make the pivot table to create
a sheet on the fly and provide details for the value being clicked.

"Ed Ferrero" wrote in message
http://wang.se/en/CreateOLAPCube.html/

Ed Ferrero

Ed Ferrero[_3_]

Local OLAP cubes in Excel/MS Query

I don't think show details on double-click works for cube files.

Ed Ferrero

"Ed Ferrero" wrote in message
http://wang.se/en/CreateOLAPCube.html/

Ed Ferrero