-   -   How do you make Pareto diagrams (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/243226-how-do-you-make-pareto-diagrams.html)

Person[_2_]

How do you make Pareto diagrams

For example for a chart like this:

Procedural and diagnostic code.....40 (Frequency)
Provider information....9 (Frequency)
Others .....4 (Frequency)

I know you have to install an add-in. I don't remember, its probably
Analysis Toolkit. Please help!

JLatham

How do you make Pareto diagrams

Are you asking how to make a Pareto diagram, or how to install the Analysis
Toolpak add-in?

Create a Pareto diagram: sorry - can't help. But there's a free template
for them available at:
http://www.vertex42.com/ExcelTemplat...eto-chart.html
and a web search for 'excel pareto diagram' gives lots of other hits,
including instructions on building your own at:
http://www.qualitydigest.com/magazin...-analysis.html

Install Analysis Toolpak:
Excel 2003 and earlier: Tools -- Add-Ins and tick the Analysis Toolpak box.
Excel 2007: Office Button -- [Excel Options] button in lower right corner
of the window -- Add-Ins in right pane. If Analysis Toolpak is not in the
list of active Add-Ins, click the [Go...] button near the bottom next to
Manage "Excel Add-ins" dropdown and as before, check the Analysis Toolpak box.