-   -   how do I label columns with a word, not alphabetical (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/24315-how-do-i-label-columns-word-not-alphabetical.html)

leeshae

how do I label columns with a word, not alphabetical

I am needing to label my columns in Excel with a word....how do I bypass the
alpha labelling system (A, B, C, D, etc needs actual column names, not
letters)

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

It's called a header row. Just add the name to the first row.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"leeshae" wrote in message
I am needing to label my columns in Excel with a word....how do I bypass
the
alpha labelling system (A, B, C, D, etc needs actual column names, not
letters)

Peo Sjoblom

You can't, you can create your own and choose not to show row.column headers
but that will obviously also remove the row headers

Peo Sjoblom