-   -   Excel problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/243025-excel-problem.html)

Jody S

Excel problem

Okay I have a speadsheet that goes like this
A b
GA 76876
GA 87798
FL 56567
TN 90997
GA 78876

I need to find the total miles for GA then FL then TN. So how do I write
the formula to pull the date from A and B and tell me how many mile I
traveled in each state all month long? Thanks to anybody who can answer this
question!!

Per Jessen

Excel problem

Hi

=SUMIF(A1:A100,"=GA",B1:B100)

Regards,
Per

"Jody S" <Jody skrev i meddelelsen
Okay I have a speadsheet that goes like this
A b
GA 76876
GA 87798
FL 56567
TN 90997
GA 78876

I need to find the total miles for GA then FL then TN. So how do I write
the formula to pull the date from A and B and tell me how many mile I
traveled in each state all month long? Thanks to anybody who can answer
this
question!!

Luke M

Excel problem

Lets say you have a list of states in column C, with "GA" being in C1.
In D1:
=SUMIF(A:A,C1,B:B)
--
Best Regards,