-   -   Drag the column (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/242631-drag-column.html)

Syahira

Drag the column

Let say I have the data and I want to fill in the data in another sets of
table. All i need to do is to put"=" and it will copy. What if I want to drag
the copy by changing the colum for example I will drag from A1 and rather
than it will change to A2, I want to change it to B1,C1 and excetra. I've
tried A$1 and $A1 but failed. Please help me (*^*)

Max

Drag the column

One way
In the start cell, say in B3: =INDEX($1:$1,ROWS($1:1))
Copy down to return A1, B1, C1, etc
Success? hit the YES below
--
Max