-   -   Unique entries (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/241547-unique-entries.html)

jc132568

Unique entries

Dear experts,
I have a long list of student numbers (numbers occurring more than once). I
want to set up a formula which automatically filters for unique entries. I
used an array formula which I got on this site and it works beautifully
however it does slow down my spreadsheet. Can I filter a range A1:A500 using
database functions or a pivot table? I have read that these possibly won't
slow the system down so much.
kind regards
Martina

Max

Unique entries

Sure, you could try the pivot way .. Just select the col of student nums,
then create the pivot with that col header placed in both the ROW and DATA
(set to COUNT). The ROW area in the pivot sheet will return the required list
of unique student nums
Success? celebrate it, hit the YES below
--
Max
Singapore
"jc132568" wrote:
I have a long list of student numbers (numbers occurring more than once). I
want to set up a formula which automatically filters for unique entries. I
used an array formula which I got on this site and it works beautifully
however it does slow down my spreadsheet. Can I filter a range A1:A500 using
database functions or a pivot table? I have read that these possibly won't
slow the system down so much.
kind regards
Martina

Don Guillett

Unique entries

datafilteradvanced filter

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"jc132568" wrote in message
Dear experts,
I have a long list of student numbers (numbers occurring more than once).
want to set up a formula which automatically filters for unique entries.
used an array formula which I got on this site and it works beautifully
however it does slow down my spreadsheet. Can I filter a range A1:A500
using
database functions or a pivot table? I have read that these possibly
won't
slow the system down so much.
kind regards
Martina

Sheikh Saadi

Unique entries

If you are using Excel 2007, it's very simple and fast...

Click in the data table. Go to "Data" on Ribbon, Click on "Remove
Duplicates" in "Data Tools" group. Select the coumns which has the Duplicate
records. Click "OK".

Hope this works. if it did, please click on YES.

--
Sheikh Saadi

"jc132568" wrote:

Dear experts,
I have a long list of student numbers (numbers occurring more than once). I
want to set up a formula which automatically filters for unique entries. I
used an array formula which I got on this site and it works beautifully
however it does slow down my spreadsheet. Can I filter a range A1:A500 using
database functions or a pivot table? I have read that these possibly won't
slow the system down so much.
kind regards
Martina

Max

Unique entries

Martina, you should not multi-post
Post only in one group, don't waste responders time