Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Zeros if cell is blank

I would like to be able to select a portion of my spread sheet and then have
a macro that would search every cell in the selected area: if the cell is
blank I would want a ZERO to be placed in that cell but if the cell contains
a number/text that cell would be left as is.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You can record a macro when you do this:
Select the range
Edit|Goto (or hit F5 or ctrl-g)|Special|check blanks|ok
type 0
and ctrl-enter to fill all those empty (really empty) cells with 0's.

Or you could record a macro when you:
select the range
edit|replace
what: (leave blank)
with: 0
replace all

Either of these should be quicker than looking through each cell in the range.

--

Dave Peterson