-   -   Add a space in data (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/240307-add-space-data.html)

Israel

Add a space in data

Hi,

Is there a formula that would add a space between two characters?

I have "12:13:09", I would like to add a space before the first colon. (12
:13:09)
--
smile

Bob Umlas[_3_]

Add a space in data

Format it as
h" ":mm:ss

"israel" wrote in message

Is there a formula that would add a space between two characters?

I have "12:13:09", I would like to add a space before the first colon. (12
:13:09)
--
smile

L. Howard Kittle

Add a space in data

I had to format the cell as Text and enter 12:13:09 to get this formula to
work.

=LEFT(F1,2)&" "&MID(F1,3,6)

HTH
REgards,
Howard

"israel" wrote in message

Is there a formula that would add a space between two characters?

I have "12:13:09", I would like to add a space before the first colon. (12
:13:09)
--
smile

Dave Peterson

Add a space in data

Are these values times?

Or are they text?

If they're text, you could use a formula like:
=SUBSTITUTE(A1,":"," :",1)

If they're times, you could give it a custom format
(format|Cells|number tab|Custom category)
hh :mm:ss

or using a formula and another cell:
=text(a1,"hh :mm:ss")

israel wrote:

Hi,

Is there a formula that would add a space between two characters?

I have "12:13:09", I would like to add a space before the first colon. (12
:13:09)
--
smile

--

Dave Peterson

Israel

Add a space in data

Thank you for your reply. Your sollution does not work for me since my column
was formated to "TIME".

Thank you
--
smile

"israel" wrote in message

Is there a formula that would add a space between two characters?

I have "12:13:09", I would like to add a space before the first colon. (12
:13:09)
--
smile

Israel

Add a space in data

Way to go, it worked beautifully. It is TIME and the solution was quite
simple.

Thank you
--
smile