Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default setting up common headers

I have a template set up that displays and prints six reports. Each report
contains a header showing:

Name of Client
Account#
Title of Report
Date Range of Report

Currently I have the header set up in each worksheet and I input the data
for each report.

I'd like to streamline this if possible,

The client name and number remains the same across all reports

The Title is specific to each report and does not change.

On some reports the date is a range and others it is either the beginning or
ending date of the specified range.

I'd like to input the Name, Number and date range once and have it displayed
in each report.

I was thinking I could have a specific worksheet just for the header, do all
the stuff there and then combine it during print but can't see how to do
that.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Vic Baron

--
There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who
don't

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Vic Baron" wrote in message
I have a template set up that displays and prints six reports. Each report
contains a header showing:

Name of Client
Account#
Title of Report
Date Range of Report

Currently I have the header set up in each worksheet and I input the data
for each report.

I'd like to streamline this if possible,

The client name and number remains the same across all reports

The Title is specific to each report and does not change.

On some reports the date is a range and others it is either the beginning
or ending date of the specified range.

I'd like to input the Name, Number and date range once and have it
displayed in each report.

I was thinking I could have a specific worksheet just for the header, do
all the stuff there and then combine it during print but can't see how to
do that.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

ok, I've figured out most of it. Only one problem remaining.

In the headers there is a date range input as a text string - January 1,
2007 to December 31, 2007 or something similar.

What I need to do is extract the string "January 1, 2007" and the "December
31, 2007" from the cell. Given that this is a date range, those two parts
could be any month day year in combination.

Given that the length of the sub-string is unknown, is it possible to
extract it?

I would think that starting from the first character and going to the "to"
and backing off 1 character would give the first substring and then starting
from the "to" + 3 to the end would give the second string.

Can this be done in excel and how?

Thanks,

Vic Baron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Vic Baron" wrote in message

"Vic Baron" wrote in message
I have a template set up that displays and prints six reports. Each
report contains a header showing:

Name of Client
Account#
Title of Report
Date Range of Report

[...]

nevermind - figured it out. :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Vic Baron" wrote in message

"Vic Baron" wrote in message

"Vic Baron" wrote in message
I have a template set up that displays and prints six reports. Each
report contains a header showing:

Name of Client
Account#
Title of Report

[...]