-   -   Converting dates to a number (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/23652-converting-dates-number.html)

Kathy

Converting dates to a number

What formula could I use to convert a date of birth into an age?, e.g.,
06/25/71, 33.

Yes, I know I can just subtract but is there a formula that can do it?

Marguerite

zackb

A very rough way of doing so, if you don't need to count leap years ...

=Int((Today()-A1)/365)&" years old"

Where A1 is the cell which houses your date. Note this MUST be an Excel
recognized date. To check if it's an Excel recognized date, look he
http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=323

HTH, and regards,
Zack Barresse

"Kathy" wrote in message
What formula could I use to convert a date of birth into an age?, e.g.,
06/25/71, 33.

Yes, I know I can just subtract but is there a formula that can do it?

Marguerite

Gord Dibben

Marguerite

With early date in A1 and later date or =TODAY() Function in A2

=DATEDIF(A1,A2,"y") & "years," in A3

To get finer resolution enter in A3

=DATEDIF(A1,A2,"y") & "years," & DATEDIF(A1,A2,"ym") & "months,"&
DATEDIF(A1,A2,"md") & "days,"

Note: above is all one line.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:14:11 -0700, "Kathy"
wrote:

What formula could I use to convert a date of birth into an age?, e.g.,
06/25/71, 33.

Yes, I know I can just subtract but is there a formula that can do it?

Marguerite

Andy Wiggins

Here's a link to DATEDIF that might help you.

http://www.bygsoftware.com/Excel/functions/datedif.htm

--
Regards
-