-   -   Stop excel emedding (opeing in mail format) when outlook is open. (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/23609-stop-excel-emedding-opeing-mail-format-when-outlook-open.html)

Help Hey

Stop excel emedding (opeing in mail format) when outlook is open.

When I have outlook open and I then try and open a excel file it opens in a
mail format and try as I have I can't find the setting to stop it from doing
so. Please help because it is really frustrating and laborious having to
close outlook just to open a excel file normally.

Dave Peterson

Does mail format mean that you see the address boxes at the top?

If it does, maybe just toggling this off would be easier.

File|Send to|Mail Recipient

(that icon in front of "mail recipient" is difficult to decipher, but it can be
toggled up or toggled down.)

--

Dave Peterson