-   -   Locking everything except cells B4:B8 (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/235959-locking-everything-except-cells-b4-b8.html)

Locking everything except cells B4:B8

Hi, can someone help me lock this sheet except for these cells - I've tried
doing the Protect Sheet but everything seems to get locked?

Thanks

NBVC[_79_]

Locking everything except cells B4:B8

Select the range you want to unlock and go to Format|Cells and in the
Protection tab uncheck the "Locked" checkbox.. click Ok.

Now re-protect the sheet through Tools|Protection|Protect Sheet.

--
NBVC

Where there is a will there are many ways.
'The Code Cage' (http;//www.thecodecage.com)
NBVC's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=74
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=113004

Eduardo

Locking everything except cells B4:B8

Hi,
before protecting the sheet you need to unlock the cells, so select the
cells where you want to let users to enter information, right click on the
mouse, format cells, then last tab "Protection", uncheck locked, then protect
the worksheet