-   -   how do I join two separate workbooks? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/233454-how-do-i-join-two-separate-workbooks.html)

Mike[_22_]

how do I join two separate workbooks?

I have two separate files that share the same format but each has distinct
data in it. One is data dated for this year and the other is data from
2004-2008. Is there anyway to merge these 2 files? I have tried copy and
paste as well as the compare and merge tool.
--
Michael

Luke M

how do I join two separate workbooks?

You might want to check out Ron's article on merging workbooks into a summary
workbook:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc837974.aspx
--
Best Regards,