-   -   SUM TOTAL (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/232891-sum-total.html)

Chris

SUM TOTAL

I need help with totaling a range of cells G12:G46. My problem is that not
all cells contain values for the formula in these cells so it is not allowing
me to do so. This is on a quote sheet and I would like to subtotal as I go,
can anyone help?
--
Chris

T. Valko

SUM TOTAL

see your other post

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Chris" wrote in message
I need help with totaling a range of cells G12:G46. My problem is that not
all cells contain values for the formula in these cells so it is not
allowing
me to do so. This is on a quote sheet and I would like to subtotal as I
go,
can anyone help?
--
Chris

Paula Jones, MCT, MIITT

SUM TOTAL

What sort of data do you have in the cells? You may be able to use the
subtotal function to add data in groups, by sorting first on the relevant
columns and using data - subtotals in 2003 or the subtotals option on the
ribbon in 2007. Can you give a bit more detail?