-   -   Count Cells in a particular row w/ text (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/232760-count-cells-particular-row-w-text.html)

[email protected]

Count Cells in a particular row w/ text

Hi,

Is there a way I can total up all the cells in a range which have any
text in them what so ever?

Eduardo

Count Cells in a particular row w/ text

Hi,
=Counta(A1:A100), will count cells that are not blank

if this helps please click yes, thanks

" wrote:

Hi,

Is there a way I can total up all the cells in a range which have any
text in them what so ever?

T. Valko

Count Cells in a particular row w/ text

Try this:

=COUNTIF(A1:A10,"*")

That counts TEXT only, ignores numbers.

=COUNTA(A1:A10)

That will count all non-empty cells regardless of data type.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

wrote in message

Is there a way I can total up all the cells in a range which have any
text in them what so ever?

[email protected]

Count Cells in a particular row w/ text

Thanks!

wrote in message

Is there a way I can total up all the cells in a range which have any
text in them what so ever?

T. Valko

Count Cells in a particular row w/ text

You're welcome!