Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default drag formula across making chgs on the way

I have a spreadsheet setup for a golf league with multiple sheets, sheet1 is
for input.
Sheet3 & 4 have formulas pulling the information from Sh1. Sh2 pulls
information from Sh3 and Sh4.
Sh1=input, Sh2=league standings(printout), Sh3=team wkly score,
Sh4=individual score & handicaps

Question #1 for Sh4 and problem I have is this;
Week1(b4) =('Weekly Input'!C3)
Week2 (c4)=('Weekly Input'!H3)
Week3 (d4)=('Weekly Input'!M3)
As you can see my formula pulls from cells that advance or change by 5 each
week.
How can I drag the cell formulas across the row and have the formula change
(advance) "just" the letter(column) designation (by 5)correctly? If at all
possible.

Question #2 for Sh2 and problem I have is;
team1 play1's hcp(e4) =TRUNC(Scorecard!W4)
team2 play1's hcp(e5) =TRUNC(Scorecard!W6)
I would like to beable to drag down this formula "after" changing the
Letter(Column) to X and have the Letter(column) designation change to X
"and" keep the Number(row) designation increasing by 2.
If I change the "W" to an "X" and drag the formula down I'd like it to look
like this
e4 =Trunc(Scorecard!X4)
e5 =Trunc(Scorecard!X6)
e6 =Trunc(Scorecard!X8)
e7 =Trunc(Scorecard!X10)
etc.
I have two columns to do this to, team1 player1(e) and team1 player2(g).

Each week we printout a League Standings sheet with everyones current
handicap, team score and placement. The "W" references the handicap for the
individual player based on their weekly scores. Each week there's a new
formula with the additional weeks score added in, so the standings sheet
needs to reference a different cell(column) each week.

I hope that makes sense,
Brad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

For your Q1, here's one way ..

In Sh4,
In B4: =OFFSET('Weekly Input'!$C$3,,COLUMNS($A:A)*5-5)
Copy B4 across to D4. And that will do it.

Success? Celebrate it, click the YES button below

P/s: You should stick to only 1Q per thread. Make it focused and attractive
for responders, increase your chances of getting responses ..
--
Max
Singapore
"Brad" wrote:
.. Question #1 for Sh4 and problem I have is this;
Week1(b4) =('Weekly Input'!C3)
Week2 (c4)=('Weekly Input'!H3)
Week3 (d4)=('Weekly Input'!M3)
As you can see my formula pulls from cells that advance or change by 5 each
week.
How can I drag the cell formulas across the row and have the formula change
(advance) "just" the letter(column) designation (by 5)correctly? If at all
possible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Success? Celebrate it, click the YES button below

You can easily access your thread
and the YES buttons in this MS' page:
http://tinyurl.com/ot3ls3

--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
Downloads:25,000 Files:300 Subscribers:70
xdemechanik
---
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Max,

Thank You very much for that response and answer;

It works great, it will save setup / changes time drastically when I have at
least 20 weeks to change.

Brad

"Brad" wrote:
.. Question #1 for Sh4 and problem I have is this;
Week1(b4) =('Weekly Input'!C3)
Week2 (c4)=('Weekly Input'!H3)
Week3 (d4)=('Weekly Input'!M3)
As you can see my formula pulls from cells that advance or change by 5
each
week.
How can I drag the cell formulas across the row and have the formula
change
(advance) "just" the letter(column) designation (by 5)correctly? If at
all
possible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Max,

could you look at my second question I re-submitted seperately(sp).

Shane, who has been trying to help me, is misunderstanding what I want.

I hope I have restated it more accurately.

Brad
"Max" wrote in message
Good to hear. You're welcome.