-   -   referencing another sheet and using autofill (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/231937-re-referencing-another-sheet-using-autofill.html)

merlin

referencing another sheet and using autofill

the formatting seems to have gone awry but I hope you can still figure out
what I mean....

Sanjay

referencing another sheet and using autofill

Hi Merlin,

Autofill is used to fill a series of dates, numbers etc where there is a
logical progression of the series. You can do autofill from one sheet to
another using formulas. Here is sample example;

Suppse you have two sheets called File1.xls and File2.xls, and you want some
contents from File1 to copy on File2 using Autofill. You need to put the
formula inside the cell which will refer to the cell in another worksheet. By
entering below steps you can do it..
=File2!A1 (here you need to specify the file name with the cell which you
want to refer)

You can also drag this formula to the cells that you want to copy to and
relative referencing will change the formula accordingly.

Sanjay