-   -   Custom Sorting. (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/231305-custom-sorting.html)

A. Roger[_2_]

Custom Sorting.

Hello,
I have an inventory sorted by ascending part numbers(smaller to largesr).
But i would like for the order to start with numbers that begin with a 0 then
with numbers that start 1 and so on, regardless if the number is smaller or
bigger.

Is this possible?

Gord Dibben

Custom Sorting.

Numbers can't start with zero so those must be text.

Text and numbers sort separately.

You could use a helper column with a formula of =LEFT(A1) copied down.

Copy/paste special/values.

Select both columns and sort by helper column.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 19 May 2009 09:02:01 -0700, A. Roger <A.
wrote:

Hello,
I have an inventory sorted by ascending part numbers(smaller to largesr).
But i would like for the order to start with numbers that begin with a 0 then
with numbers that start 1 and so on, regardless if the number is smaller or
bigger.

Is this possible?

Dave Peterson

Custom Sorting.