-   -   time ??? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/23098-time.html)

Metalteck

time ???

If i have a time formatted as 2:55 hrs, how can I convert this to just a
total of minutes, for example 2:55 = 135 minutes?

Niek Otten

I assume you mean 175 minutes.
FormatCellsCustom, in the Type box, enter [m]

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Metalteck" wrote in message
If i have a time formatted as 2:55 hrs, how can I convert this to just a
total of minutes, for example 2:55 = 135 minutes?

Harald Staff

Multiply it by 1440 and format the result as a decimal number.

(Because there are 1440 minutes in a day. You knew that ;-)

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Metalteck" skrev i melding
If i have a time formatted as 2:55 hrs, how can I convert this to just a
total of minutes, for example 2:55 = 135 minutes?

JoAnn Paules - MVP Publisher

I do NOT want a job wherever he works. Work 2 hrs and 55 minutes, get paid
for 2 hrs and 15 minutes? Not me.

JoAnn Paules
MVP Publisher