-   -   Date formating for sorting (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/229619-date-formating-sorting.html)

- Butch

Date formating for sorting

I have a genealogy data sheet and one column contains dates. I have
formatted the column various different ways showing month/day/year, etc.
If it is possible, I want to sort the column by year first, then month &
day. Is that do-able?

Thanks in advance.

Dave Peterson

Date formating for sorting

That's the way dates should be sorted. Maybe your data isn't really dates????

Or maybe you just need to specify ascending or descending????

--

Dave Peterson