-   -   Save for Web (.htm) file (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/229327-save-web-htm-file.html)

bdaul

Save for Web (.htm) file

I have two similarly structured XLS file. One file "A" is much
longer...perhaps 2000 rows long...when saved as a htm file it is around
500KB. I take another XLS spreadsheet that looks like the same
structure...rows and colums...only about 560 rows...when I save this as
webpage .htm it ends up being 11.2MB. What the heck happened? How do I get
it down in size. There is no apparent reason why a smaller file ends up
being 11 time larger that the smaller file when saved!

Thanks, --confused