-   -   Split a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/228366-split-cell.html)

Israel

Split a cell

Hello,

I placed a inquiry for help on spliting a cell, I did get notification that
it was answered yet I can't find the answer.

Question was if I have a cell with quantity and size in one cell separated
by "/"
can I split it into 2 cells. For instance 3/5.4 stands for 3 in quantity
and 5.4 for size

I tried to click on my notification but it does not takke me to my answer

Thank you again
--
smile

Eduardo

Split a cell

Hi,
Highlight the column you want to split, then go to Data, Text to Column,
Delimited, in delimiters check only other and in the box enter \ then click
next and Finish
You are ok now
If this was helpful please click yes. thanks

"israel" wrote:

Hello,

I placed a inquiry for help on spliting a cell, I did get notification that
it was answered yet I can't find the answer.

Question was if I have a cell with quantity and size in one cell separated
by "/"
can I split it into 2 cells. For instance 3/5.4 stands for 3 in quantity
and 5.4 for size

I tried to click on my notification but it does not takke me to my answer

Thank you again
--
smile

Gord Dibben

Split a cell

You cannot split a cell into two parts.

You can place a diagonal border across the middle of a cell but you still
have one cell with 3 and 5.4

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP