-   -   copy worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/227474-copy-worksheet.html)

KRK

copy worksheet

Hello

I have a workbook which contains several worksheets, all identical (except
for their input data). When I create (insert) a new worksheet I can copy &
paste cells from an existing sheet into the new one. This is fine, except
that the column widths & row heights dont come out right.

I can get over this OK, but is there a way to copy an old sheet into a new
one and preserve the rows & columns?

Thanks

Ron de Bruin

copy worksheet

Hi KRK

You must copy the complete columns or use this also when you paste your range
Rightclick on the destination cell
Choose Paste Special
Columnwidth
OK

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"KRK" wrote in message ...
Hello

I have a workbook which contains several worksheets, all identical (except
for their input data). When I create (insert) a new worksheet I can copy &
paste cells from an existing sheet into the new one. This is fine, except
that the column widths & row heights dont come out right.

I can get over this OK, but is there a way to copy an old sheet into a new
one and preserve the rows & columns?

Thanks

Gordon[_9_]

copy worksheet

"KRK" wrote in message
Hello

I have a workbook which contains several worksheets, all identical (except
for their input data). When I create (insert) a new worksheet I can copy &
paste cells from an existing sheet into the new one. This is fine, except
that the column widths & row heights dont come out right.

I can get over this OK, but is there a way to copy an old sheet into a new
one and preserve the rows & columns?

Have you tried right-clicking on the worksheet tab, and choosing Copy?

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level