Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default work out commission after percentage and other costs deducted

Hi
I would like to know how to put this in a formula please?

For example, commission for the product, if purchased at full price, with no
introductory discount, would be:

£32.50 €“ 15% VAT = £28.26 €“ any delivery charge = £28.26 x 40% = £11.30
commission

Thanks
--
Mina
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Full price listed in A2
VAT rate listed in A3
Delivery charge in A4
Commision rate in A5

Formula is:
=(A2-A3*A2-A4)*A5

Note that you can replace any cell reference you want with static value, if
desired.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Minsy" wrote:

Hi
I would like to know how to put this in a formula please?

For example, commission for the product, if purchased at full price, with no
introductory discount, would be:

£32.50 €“ 15% VAT = £28.26 €“ any delivery charge = £28.26 x 40% = £11.30
commission

Thanks
--
Mina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Minsy" wrote:
I would like to know how to put this in a formula please?
For example [....]
£32.50 - 15% VAT = £28.26 - any delivery charge =
£28.26 x 40% = £11.30 commission

Well, you practically wrote it yourself. All you need to do is substitute
cell references; and it would be prudent to do some rounding.

If the full price (32.50) is in A1, the VAT rate (15%) is in A2, the
delivery charge (0) is in A3, and the commission rate (40%) is in A4:

=round((round(A1-A1*A2,2)-A3)*A4,2)

Note: I believe 28.26 is incorrect.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Steve" wrote:
Please note: your VAT rate should be a decimal, so 15% = .15

There is no difference between entering 15% and 0.15 into a cell. If you
enter 15% into a virgin cell (i.e. never used), format it as Number with 2
decimal places, and you will see what I mean.

One place where you must enter 0.15 is in a constant array, e.g.
{0.10,0.15,0.20}. You cannot enter {10%,15%, 20%}, presumably because % is
an operator.