-   -   converting a 4 figure number to time in active cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/226519-converting-4-figure-number-time-active-cell.html)

Pee

converting a 4 figure number to time in active cell

Hi, I've got 2007 on my pc and I'm trying to set up a timesheet. As I'm to
lazy to keep entering the ":" all the time, i was wondering if someone knew
how to change 1530 to 15:30 etc in the active cell for all cells G5 to I19
on all 5 sheets in my workbook!!!

I think this has something to do with vba or macros and i've never used them
before.

If anyone can help me, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks
Pete

Pete_UK[_5_]

converting a 4 figure number to time in active cell

Chip Pearson shows how you can do that he

'Date And Time Entry'
(http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm)

Hope this helps.

Pete