-   -   How to keep a cell empty at the same time formula embedded? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/22603-how-keep-cell-empty-same-time-formula-embedded.html)

vic_dic

How to keep a cell empty at the same time formula embedded?

Can we have an empty cell but formula embedded in that cell.

CLR

A cell cannot be both "empty" and contain something...........you can
however, put a formula there that will display a blank cell according to the
conditions of it's calculations...........

=(IF(A15,A1,"")......will display a blank cell if A1 is 5 or less

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"vic_dic" wrote in message
Can we have an empty cell but formula embedded in that cell.

JE McGimpsey

What are you really trying to do?

A cell can contain either an entered value or a formula, but not both.
However, there are ways using VBA to work around that.