-   -   Excel 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/225047-excel-2007-a.html)

Shari

Excel 2007

I am working on a two sheet workbook-- Sheet 1, labeled Jan-Dec, and Sheet 2,
labeled Jul-Dec. I need to figure income on sheet 2 by multiplying cell F8
on sheet 2 by cell G22 on sheet 1 and cell F9 on sheet 2 by cell G23 on sheet
1, these are to be totalled together in cell G11. How do I create a formula
to accomplish this? Nothing I have tried has worked
--
shari

Bernard Liengme[_3_]

Excel 2007

The formula you want is
='Jul-Dec'!F8*'Jan-Dec'!G22+'Jul-Dec'!F9*'Jan-Dec'!G23
This is most easily in steps:
1) type =
2) click on the F8 on sheet 2
3) type *
4) click on cell G22 on sheet 1
5) type +
etc.....
Note that the presence of "-" in the sheet's name make it necessary to
enclose the name within single quotes
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme