-   -   Record Macro and Edit Macro options disabled (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/224770-record-macro-edit-macro-options-disabled.html)

Huzza

Record Macro and Edit Macro options disabled

Hi,

I've downloaded the Excel 2007 trial and I'm want to record a macro but the
button, along with the Visual Basic and Macros ones on the Code section of
the Developer tab in the Excel Ribbon are disabled.

I have the Macro Settings set to "Enable all macros" and ticked the "Trust
access to the VBA project object model" in the trust center. I have closed an
re-opened Excel and have tried creating new workbooks in 3 formats
(extensions xlsx, xlsm, xlsb) but can't get the buttons enabled.

What have I missed? Or are macros disabled in the trial version?
Thanks

Huzza

Record Macro and Edit Macro options disabled

I've just found the problem. Despite installing everything under the
"Microsoft Office Excel" section, including the "Internet Assistant VBA", I
didn't install VBA itself, as this is held under "Office Shared Features". I
didn't look here as I didn't realise VBA was a seperate feature!

Hopefully this post may help someone else.