Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Jim Jim is offline

Default Opening/linking .xlsx files

I have had trouble linking new .xlsx files to my existing .xls files. Excel
would shut down. So I started saving all my files in the old .xls format.

I recently created a new file using .xlsx, but when I try to reopen it,
Excel shuts down.

Any suggestions???
--
Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Are you able to open Excel 2007?

Try to create a new file and reopen it. If this does not work then try...
Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar

1) Start-Run- excel.exe /unregserver -OK.
2) Start-Run- excel.exe /regserver -OK.

See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe (most likely C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Office12)

In that case Start-Run- "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office12\excel.exe" /regserver - OK

Note that quotes are required because of spaces in the path