-   -   How do I protect Visual Basic for Application Code (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/22424-how-do-i-protect-visual-basic-application-code.html)

Zagrijs Venter

How do I protect Visual Basic for Application Code

I have noticed that MS's templates and other Excel files received from other
sources needs a password to open the VBA source code. I have been unable to
find any assistance from OLH or figure it out on m,y own how to protect my
VBA source code. Any help appreciated.

Dave Peterson

Open excel
open your workbook
hit alt-f11 (to get to the vbe)
hit ctrl-r (to see the project explorer)
with your project selected in the project explorer
Tools VBAProject Properties
Protection tab.

--

Dave Peterson

JE McGimpsey

However, you should recognize that there are ways to disable this
protection in a matter of seconds, including inexpensive commercial
crackers.

In article ,
Dave Peterson wrote:

Open excel
open your workbook
hit alt-f11 (to get to the vbe)
hit ctrl-r (to see the project explorer)
with your project selected in the project explorer
Tools VBAProject Properties
Protection tab.

Zagrijs Venter

Thanks to both replies

Zagrijs

Dave Peterson wrote:

Open excel
open your workbook
hit alt-f11 (to get to the vbe)
hit ctrl-r (to see the project explorer)
with your project selected in the project explorer
Tools VBAProject Properties
Protection tab.

ZsO

Hi,
Is there any way to really protect my work (VBA code)? I am also interested
in protect my MS Excel VBA work under Mac OS X!

Thank you for any help!

Dave Peterson wrote:

Open excel
open your workbook
hit alt-f11 (to get to the vbe)
hit ctrl-r (to see the project explorer)
with your project selected in the project explorer
Tools VBAProject Properties
Protection tab.

Mangus Pyke

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 08:26:12 -0700, ZsO wrote:
Is there any way to really protect my work (VBA code)? I am also interested
in protect my MS Excel VBA work under Mac OS X!

Launch the VB Editor.

Right-click the module and select properties.

There's a password field to prevent viewing.

MP-
--
"Learning is a behavior that results from consequences."
B.F. Skinner

Ken Wright

But that can be bypassed if you know how, so don't necessarily rely on it to
protect the crown jewels.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03