-   -   how do I input zip codes with a leading zero (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/22357-how-do-i-input-zip-codes-leading-zero.html)

Susan

how do I input zip codes with a leading zero

I live in the NE where zip codes start with a zero. I have gone in and tried
all options under format cells. I even entered some coding that would let me
input what I need and it did not work. I am trying to set up a mail merge in
Microsoft Word (I have Microsoft Office 2003 Standard Edition) and all my
zips show up without the leading zero. Please help!

format --text

Susan

Tried that, thanks... still does not work!

"º¼ÖÝÈË" wrote:

format --text

Dave Peterson

If you format the cell as text, then type in your zip code (with the leading
zero), it'll work.

Alternate #1. Type your zip with a leading apostrophe: '01234
Alternate #2. Type your zip as a number, but give it a custom format of:
00000

Susan wrote:

Tried that, thanks... still does not work!

"º¼ÖÝÈË" wrote:

format --text

--

Dave Peterson

Ragdyer

If your question is really about the format appearance in *WORD*, and *not*
XL's format itself, try this link:

http://office.microsoft.com/en*-ca/...4951033.*aspx

--
HTH,

RD

"Susan" wrote in message
Tried that, thanks... still does not work!

"º¼ÖÝÈË" wrote:

format --text

Ragdyer

Let's try this again.

Don't know why the darned link doesn't work in the post when it works fine
in my sheet?

http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/as...164951033.aspx

RD

"Ragdyer" wrote in message
If your question is really about the format appearance in *WORD*, and

*not*
XL's format itself, try this link:

http://office.microsoft.com/en*-ca/...4951033.*aspx

--
HTH,

RD

-

-
"Susan" wrote in message
Tried that, thanks... still does not work!

"º¼ÖÝÈË" wrote:

format --text