-   -   Delete/Close Excel file that is kept OPEN (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/22119-delete-close-excel-file-kept-open.html)

Jafer

Delete/Close Excel file that is kept OPEN

Hi,

We have excel reports in shared server location, which the users have access
to open directly from that location. Every week these reports will be
replaced with new one. We are experiencing the "Permission denied" error when
the MS Access application tries to overwrite them with new reports. This
error occurs because some users leave the report OEPN even after using it. We
have no idea who has kept the file OPEN. My requirement is to close or delete
the instance of file when the file is OPEN, so that this error will not occur
at runtime.

Also is there a way to identify whether a file is kept OPEN or not, if we
know the filename?

Rgds,
Jafer