-   -   Locking a spreadsheet and allowing hyperlinks and sort (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/220630-locking-spreadsheet-allowing-hyperlinks-sort.html)

WashtenawWeddings.com[_2_]

Locking a spreadsheet and allowing hyperlinks and sort

Hello,
I'm sure there are discussions somewhere on here that answer this, but I
don't know how to phrase the questions. Please refer me to any relevant
discussions.

I need to put a spreadsheet on a website (or a link to it) for the world to
see. There won't be any formulas, just data in the cells--it's a directory. I
don't want end users to be able to tamper with the data, but I would like
them to be able to sort. Also, there will be hyperlinks in many of the cells.

Also, is there a way to prevent someone from copy/pasting the data, or
saving the spreadsheet to their own compter? The goal is to bring the end
user back to the website to view the information.

Any help at all that you can offer is most appreciated!