-   -   reapply cell gridlines after removing background color (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/220004-reapply-cell-gridlines-after-removing-background-color.html)

Ray_and_Jan

reapply cell gridlines after removing background color

When I apply a background color to a group of cells, then later remove the
background color, the cells' gridlines (or borders) disappear. The rest of
the spreadsheet has the default gridlines; applying a border of any kind
(through Format|Cells|Border) does not match the rest of the cells. How do I
get the default border back around the "un-bordered" cells, so that it looks
as though a background color was never applied?

Gary''s Student

reapply cell gridlines after removing background color

Make sure that when you remove the background color, you don't just pick
White. You must select No Color
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200832

"Ray_and_Jan" wrote:

When I apply a background color to a group of cells, then later remove the
background color, the cells' gridlines (or borders) disappear. The rest of
the spreadsheet has the default gridlines; applying a border of any kind
(through Format|Cells|Border) does not match the rest of the cells. How do I
get the default border back around the "un-bordered" cells, so that it looks
as though a background color was never applied?

Ray_and_Jan[_2_]

reapply cell gridlines after removing background color

Thank you, it worked just as I hoped it would. I appreciate your help.

Ray_and_Jan