-   -   Adding Text (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/218510-adding-text.html)

Xman

Adding Text

Is there a way to add text to the portion of the spreadsheet outside the
letter or numbers. For instance, I have a column grouped, and I want to put
text next to the plus side symbol to identify that group. Is there any way
this could be done?
--
JARoman

JE McGimpsey

Adding Text

Not within XL

In article ,
Xman wrote:

Is there a way to add text to the portion of the spreadsheet outside the
letter or numbers. For instance, I have a column grouped, and I want to put
text next to the plus side symbol to identify that group. Is there any way
this could be done?

Gary''s Student

Adding Text

Try:

Insert Comment

or just insert a Textbox using the Drawing Toolbar
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200830

"Xman" wrote:

Is there a way to add text to the portion of the spreadsheet outside the
letter or numbers. For instance, I have a column grouped, and I want to put
text next to the plus side symbol to identify that group. Is there any way
this could be done?
--
JARoman

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Adding Text

Since it sounds like you are talking about the Outline symbols, the answer
would be no. You could screen shoot the area and imbed it in a Word file
where you could then put text anywhere you want.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire